As mentioned last weekend, it is with delight and apprehension that we announce the return of Public Masses with restricted numbers. It will be a very different experience to attend Mass with smaller numbers and social distancing. Some people may not feel comfortable in attending Mass. The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays continues to be lifted.
We appreciate that many workers will only be available to attend Mass at weekends, so if you are able to attend a weekday Mass instead, it would be very helpful. The weekday Masses are open to all to attend. If you wish to attend the vigil and usual Sunday Masses at 10am, 11.15am and 12.30pm, we are asking you to contact the Parish Office to reserve a place by phoning the Parish Office Monday to Friday mornings.
For those who will attend Mass in this church, the following will need to be noted:
1. Please enter by the Main Door only.
2. Use hand sanitisers entering and leaving the church.
3. Please sit in the designated spaces only, indicated by stickers.
4. Ushers will assist with the movement of people before and after Mass.
5. At weekend Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Church. These boxes will be in place for all Masses but you are only asked to contribute at one Mass.
6. Communion can only be received in your hand at this time.
Many thanks to the Parish Pastoral Council and our sacristans with our preparations for public Masses.
The Parish Office will be open this week, each morning from 9am—12.30pm.
for the sick and retired priests of the Diocese of Kerry will be taken up next weekend Saturday/Sunday, July 11th/12th. This fund provides for the on-going support and care of those who have given their lives in priestly ministry as well as those out of ministry due to illness. Your generous support of this collection is most appreciated. Envelopes are available at the doors of the Church. Please take one and return it the following weekend. If you wish to contribute by Standing Order, please contact the Parish Office. Many thanks for your support.
The Church is open for private prayer in accordance with proper public health guidelines. You are very welcome to our church which will be open each day after Mass until 5pm. (except when funeral Masses will be celebrated). We encourage your co-operation with the following:
1. Please use the sanitisers provided as you enter by the side door near the Presbytery.
2. Observe social distancing.
3. Please use the sanitisers provided as you leave by the side door near the Family Chapel. Thank you.
Mass will be live-streamed each day:
Sunday …………... 10.00am
Monday - Saturday 9.30am
RADIO KERRY: Our regular Mass on Sundays will be broadcast live on Radio Kerry at 10am for the duration of the current restrictions. As many older people don’t have live-streaming, this will be an important contact with a parish Sunday Mass. Many thanks to Radio Kerry for their support at this difficult time.
As part of the celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of the dedication of Our Lady & St Brendan’s Church this year, the parish hopes to hold an exhibition and produce a publication relating to the history of the Church over the past 50 years. We would be delighted to receive photographs and memorabilia. All items submitted will be returned to the owner as soon as they are scanned/copied.
to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Our Lady & St Brendan’s Church. The Pastoral Parish Council has arranged a Mission to take place from October 18th to October 23rd 2020. Further details at a later date.